In Gear are an established, flourishing cycle retailer and cycle cafe based in Forest Row, Sussex. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Cycle Mechanic to join our busy workshop team.
The right candidate will be responsible for:
- Servicing and repairs on customer bicycles and the preparation of new boxed bicycles for both customers and shop floor. This will cover road, TT, mountain, e-bike and leisure categories.
- Taking service bookings, spares stock management and providing an excellent level of service to our loyal and growing customer base.
We stock an extensive range of Specialized, Cervelo, Pinarello, BMC and Basso in our store.
Candidates applying will have experience in bicycle mechanics within the cycle industry, and should possess the following attributes:
- The ideal candidate will be a conscientious, hard-working and dedicated individual who appreciates quality and attention to detail within a workshop environment.
- You will need to have a good technical and mechanical background of all aspects within cycling.
- The ability to work in a time efficient manner on all bikes including varieties with electronic transmissions, hydraulic brakes and suspension.
- Qualified to Cytech level 3 is preferred, although specific training in certain areas will be provided to the successful candidate, if required.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve issues.
- General IT competency.
Full-time hours are working 5 days a week.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary, a solid and supportive induction to the role and as much premium coffee as you can drink from our adjoining cafe.
If this exciting opportunity sounds like your next move, then please forward a covering letter and copy of your CV to: